Tuesday 24 July 2007

Tompot Blenny Esquire ....

yesterday i got storming with mr blenny ....


i finnished those last layered fins - might they be pectoral fins? and in serted them into the wrists or whatever fish call those bits too!









the body - still with no head - has been shaped and partly stuffed with mesh - un-used shower scrunchie jobs, which are light weigh, and a piece of shaped sponge keeps his cross section the right shape. The doral fin and the last pair of fins were stiffened with an extra layer of net - orange shower scrunchie - and some red scoobies, which really seemed to work and the dorsal fin stands up well. I have my own packet of scoobie-doos, i didnt help myself to Louise's huge selection ...






sorry that some of thse pics are blurry, im not using flash and it was so dark and grey and rainy - again. The eyes look really blurry but would make great pincushions! i used scraps of different 'shot' fabrics ...





and finally - an upper jaw - and some mouth parts i didnt photograph yet - and the upper head i suppose i must say! starting to look like a fish head. played with wallpaper again to get the right shape ... there is no centre seam on the front of the face, just a gentle curve, and a small triangular gusset on top of his head, ready for those blenny trees, or top-not thingies !



yippeeeeee !!!!
no laughing at my html, and attempts to post multiple pics that looks easy to follow xxxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great project,this fish! How can you make everything in such detail, it looks great!

Caroline B said...

This is so amazing - hope it is going to someone who will appreciate it!

Tami Eveslage said...

This will be wonderful!! Looks quite challenging too.
I can't wait to see it finished!

Caroline B said...

Hi Catherine - I can't answer your question on my blog without your e-mail address - contact me (mine is at the top of blog page) and I'll be in touch!
Caroline

Em said...

wow, this fishy is looking mighty impressive!

My kids have me making dresses for them, which need to be done by saturday, and which I'm not even half way through with. Then my mums sewing machine decided to stop working last night, one of the two nights I had set aside to make them. And I hate sewing. So I went to tesco to buy a cheap sewing machine *shakes head* at 10pm last night! I stopped sewing at midnight, having managed to line the pieces for most one one of the bodices. I only threw things in temper accross the room once in all that time, which is pretty impressive for me. Anyhow....not too sure why I'm tell you all this. Looking forward to seeing your projects come along. You stuff is all so beautiful :)