Friday 17 April 2020

Someone left the paint out in the rain ...



So I painted a lion in one of the last services before lockdown, and added layers of chalk at home one night while doing a social distancing ‘cake church’ with Mike and the Fuzzies. I wasn’t sure how much I liked it but sat with it for a while. 

Then I sat wondering when it would rain. The weather during lockdown has been fabulous. Perfect for children to walk home from school in and here we are, all home-based. I knew that when it did rain I was going to shove this gauche-and-hairspray-fixed-chalk lion outside to let something performance art style to happen. 



So today my ever thoughtful lion spent the day on the front lawn (away from the dog) until after my home made cheese and onion pie dinner. 



I found him remarkably intact and quite fresh looking with much of the brown shades removed. Incase you are wondering, the canvas is stretched curtain off-cut onto a pre made frame, up cycling. 

I’m not sure what I’ll do with him next. Watch this space! 

No comments: