Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Hive Cafe, Weymouth ...

Taking a moment on a nice day to give a shout out to a wonderful place in Weymouth town centre ...


They have a sweet little courtyard for starters, a surprise oasis which the owners Simon and Rachael worked hard to restore and make cozy. 


Everyday they leave their busy bees at home in Wyke and sell delicious honey as well as tasty food in the cafe. Simon let my children taste some of the set honey at the end of a nice family dinner there. 


So many different salads to choose from, you can also have something special to suit your dietry requirements, and no request is too silly as I have come to learn. At the moment for example, I cannot chew cucumber with the braces on my teeth so it's easier to say no thank you! 


If you don't want new potatoes, you can have pasta salad instead. All requests and suggestions are respectfully handled and all food is served with love. More than once when Rachael has placed food before me I have felt that! 


There are no children's menus, but instead you can have adjusted portions to suit which is great as I have always eaten the same food as my children. My girls know what good food is and were very impressed. 


Cake is a must. I love cake. At this point I need to say that all the food is made with love, too. 


Another delishious slice of cake perfect for flagging souls on a hot Weymouth day!


Today I delivered a piece of my art to be displayed in the cafe. I haven't shown you the other bee art there but you can see it if you visit soon. Mention you have read The Raggy Rat blog for a big smile! Enjoy. Xxx

No comments: