Monday 3 May 2010

Rat Head Gets Furry .....

as usual in my fursuit creation, some pieces of old laura ashlet curtain fabric wrapped around the form help me with my pattern making ...



I then use it to cut the fur, adding seam allowance ...



here, there are two sections of pieced together fur, the scalp section and the muzzle part. Neither are sewn to the head at this point, altho the laura ashlet scalp pattern helped me sew the ears symetrically to the head with upholstery thread.



that is why the mouth parts look very slack, and the lower jaw is onlt pinned to the chin area. i fashioned some eyes from card board based on my clients digital drawing of his character ...



i hope these are in roughly the right position to line up withthe holes in the foam. As these eyes re longer, i am not sure tear ducts will look right, but a black boarder should look quite effective ...



what do you think ?

2 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Hee hee, very cool

Cami said...

OMG AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see it finished!