Wednesday 31 December 2008

5 things from my dads old jumper ...


5 things from my dads old jumper ...
Originally uploaded by RaggyRat

i didnt get many things left to me when my dad died, just two boxes from HMP wymott. one of the things was this jumper which i have worn quite a lot over the years. he died boxing day 1999, so i think of him at this time of year also.

but i dont wear baggy jumpers any more, so i decided to make something alse we could use year after year, some stocking for our fireplace! the other fabrics came from local recyclers. i cant say no to fabric !

oh, and happy new year, hope you have fun tonight. we are still recovering, as a family, from the bad tummy bug.

3 comments:

Soggibottom said...

New Year coming.......

Happy New Year
x x x
from Amie Soto Blossom

Caroline B said...

That's a lovely way to keep the jumper going for ,amy years to come. Happy New Year - hope you are all feeling better.

Caroline B said...

I mean 'many' - got me typing fingers muddled!
C.