Tuesday 5 August 2014

House work ...

Here is my humble home, who's tired walls and chimney let in a lot of that horizontal rain this past winter ...


Here is mike doing some pointing! We knew that the chimney was badly in need of repointing and we found that it also needed repairs to the flashing. The other chimney had some attention when Mary was a baby. 


Over one or two very soggy says my bedroom wall ran with water and I'm left with some beautiful staining!

The scaffolding provided access to the whole side of the house. More issues were found which may well be the reason of damp in the corner of my room. 


As grey clouds approach again, the ground-out chimney was plastic wrapped to prevent more water damage until drier days again!


Opting to paint after the repointing, the house began to change colour. It's called Birch, and is a gentle shade of grey green , sympathetic to the stone clad buildings that also share our cul-de-sac. No magnolia or cream for me!


The red painted parts have also been reniewed too. 


Now the scaffolding tower is in place for me to create a special something on the front of the house! Any guesses? I'll share that with you soon!

No comments: