Saturday 23 October 2021

The Miraculous Journey Of Edward Tulane


I began making dolls inspired by the book in 2010. A teacher was looking for someone in the Etsy Plush Team to recreate the china doll completely in fabric so the children could put on a play. And recently I was approached by someone looking for a miracle, with a deadline and no dolls. 


And as the person making them some dolls had become unable to make them, I said yes I would give it a go. 


Despite being shattered, because they all left my hands today, I also feel really accomplished and a little sad. There’s something about Edward and this was the first time I made some of the outfits shown here. 


My daughter Mary really wanted to see him as Suzanna and I couldn’t wait to make Malone, using a felted woolly jumper so that it won’t fray on stage. 


I wonder if I will get to see any pictures of these guys performing? Well in any case, it’s lovely to still be making Edwards after 11 years. 
Have you got one of my dolls?  

1 comment:

Skylawilson said...

Skyla Wilson here, and I just read your post. It was very informative. Many thanks for bringing this subject to our attention. Please continue to do so. This is an excellent post. I will definitely share it with my friends.
As a dissertation help provider. I am available to scholars in need of assistance with their dissertations.
Thanks a lot