Tuesday 2 March 2021

#50preciouswords entry ...

I have entered a couple of competitions for the Ford this time this year. One is #50PreciousWords and the other #PBParty. 
I will share a link if the latter makes it to the final showcase, as I’ve submitted a sample of both my manuscript and illustrations. Interestingly enough, there are 50 finalists! 

More about the number 50 on my next post, here is my entry for #50PreciousWords below, hope over to twitter and take this hashtag with you ! 

Mouse is Scared 
Catherine L Owen 



Mouse woke up, scared 

Darkness 

Her heart beat loudly 

Darkness  

Mouse struck a match 

The match flared 

Darkness shrank back 

Mouse lit her tiny candle stub 

Blew out the match 

The candle flame stretched upwards 

Flickering 

The warm glow filled the tiny room 

Darkness fled 

Mouse took up her book 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


I'm giving gratitude to Mr Pedro for all of his help in securing our loan for our new home here in Fruitland. You were organized & thorough & professional, as well as kind which made all of the difference in our interactions with you. We put our trust in you and you most definitely came through for us. Thank you for your patience as well as treating us as people rather than just home loan customers. You stand above the rest, I want to recommend anyone here looking for loan or investors to contact Mr Pedro and his staff because they are good people with gentle heart,
Mr Pedro Email Contact : pedroloanss@gmail.com



Regards,
John Burley! Our hats off to you!!"